What do you look for in your SAP Application Management Services (AMS) Partner?
Outsourcing the SAP Application Management Services is very important for all the SAP customers who wants highly efficient, quality, robust, sustainable, stable and cost-effective operations of their SAP solutions and SAP environments. Such support services are provided as per the customer needs by the trusted SAP-certified partners. Certified SAP partners have wide range of services such as Hosting services, AMS, SAP HANA support, cloud & infrastructure support.
SAP AMS Support offers 24X7 Production support, Maintenance of daily operations, maintenance of application and database services, functional and technical consulting of various modules of SAP. To ensure ongoing high standards for the management and maintenance of SAP solutions, certified Application Management Services partners would undergo a rigorous assessment of their delivery and support capabilities every two years by SAP’s outsourcing partner certification group. Based on the assessment results, partners are certified either locally or globally. The partners that work on a global scale offer their services in all regions – the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and EMEA – through an integrated global service delivery organization.
You can choose your SAP Application Management Services partner by evaluating them on the below criteria:
- The SAP partner should be certified in Application Management Services by SAP for SAP Business suite and SAP S/4 HANA.
- Should have capabilities for Quality and Knowledge Management, Data centers, Network and Connectivity, Managed backup and disaster recovery, IT service Management processes (ITSM) and Project Management
- A number of AMS customers, Number of SAP project Managers, Project management methodology, Number of solution architects, SAP product experience and Industry experience possessed by the partner. Though there is no specific number figure that can clearly help you decide but you should be able to understand the extent of their experience.
- Application Maintenance offering methodology and delivery set up, SLA Management, Consultants experience, Documentation Management, Incident and Problem Management, change management, Improvement process and optimization techniques and adherence to SAP best practices.
- SAP Partner should be capable of providing support for any SAP Business suite till date, cloud operations, infrastructure operations, BPO services like ITIL, SAP Administration and project skills, SAP consulting, providing expert solutions.
- SAP partner should have undergone SAP innovation program – partner innovation lifecycle services which would confirm that the partner is SAP certified and is up to date on SAP technology and innovations.
- SAP Partner should have flexible approaches like shared and dedicated pool of resources, bucket of resources, on-demand expertise solutions, 24X7 incident support, robust project management methodologies
- Testimonials and feedback from existing customers.